Last Updated: 29th October 2021 16:58
To help parents, supporters and young people understand how we plan to restart face-to-face scouting, we have put together the below information.
Current Readiness Level – England
Readiness Level – GREEN
Virtual sessions, indoor and outdoors activities are allowed as a section. residentials allowed.
On Monday 6th September, the Scout Association announced that England would move to the Green readiness level. All activities can resume for members who live in England. Residential activities and international travel may take place. Although there is no limit on group size, all activities must be able to safely manage the risk of transmission of COVID and, if this is not possible, they must not take place.
When deciding how section meetings and activities may take place face-to-face, the following will be considered:
- Infection levels in local schools attended by young people.
- Feedback from young people, parent/guardians and leaders regarding how we meet.
- Locations of meetings.
- Further ways to reduce the risk of infection.
Taking the above points into consideration, a meeting matrix has been produced to identify how meetings can take place safely. Local infection levels will be checked every Sunday evening by leaders and communicated to parents.
To help us in our response to keeping everyone safe, we kindly request that parents keep us informed about infection levels in their child’s school.
We kindly ask that members do not attend a scouting meeting if the following is true:
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 and are required to isolate.
- If a member of your household has tested positive and is currently isolating.
- If you have been identified as a close-contact and are awaiting your PCR result.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 and are awaiting your PCR result.
As questions are asked we will populate the question and answers below to help parents, volunteers and young people know what is happening.